acacia

acacia

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Critters great and small

Ok, today I found this crawling towards me:

It is a very large Black Widow! I screamed (I can't believe my clients did not hear me) and then I had to take a picture of it. Ok, and then I killed it. They have a small child who runs around the back yard. I think that it was living under the outdoor lounger and I was trying to clean up and dislodged it. I run into a lot of black widows but never do they walk around. CHILLS it gave me! Serious Chills!

Later I was cleaning up some stairs and found this little fellow amongst the dead wet leaves:

At first I thought it was a worm because when I brushed it with the broom it started flipping out on the step. Worms do that as well. I have always thought it was a strange reaction to being touched. I think it is a newt, but I may be wrong. I do not see them very often but I think that it is very cool. Such tiny legs!

The most common critter I see is this fellow:

Lizards are everywhere. One of my clients has an old Ginko tree that was once cut down but is now resprouting. I really like it because it is a Ginko, but it should probably be cut down again. Anyway, one day I looked up and there was a little lizard amongst the leaves. I wondered how he could hold himself up as the stem are very delicate, but it just sat there and looked at me.
Another day, another critter!

No comments:

Post a Comment