acacia

acacia

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Tree of Referrals

Today I met with Monet, a woman I know who lives in a house owned by one of my clients. She called me up because she has been working as an interior designer and wanted me to help with the outside. It is a great house perched way up in the hills overlooking the Getty Center off of the 405. I am looking forward to doing this bit of work - it is mostly pots and that is really the fun stuff for me.
On the drive home, I was thinking about my friend Sue because I still dont have anything to wear to her wedding this weekend (aaaaahhhhh). Then I realized that the reason I know Monet is because of Sue, and then I thought about how many clients I have just because of Sue. I owe her big time!
Sue gave my name to her friend Ross because they were looking for someone to plant in front of their architecture studio. I did and we are all very happy with it... Anyway, I then worked at Ross's house in the hills above Hollywood. One time I was down at the bottom of his property, which meant I was on top of the neighbor's wall overlooking their back patio. That is how I met Edoardo. I started working for them, and then they had me do work over at their house they rent out - thus meeting Monet.  I also met another neighbor, Yasmin, and now I am doing work at her house (incredible views!). And through Monet, I am hopefully working for her client. That is 5 people from one referral.
Sue then gave my name to Pam who works in her office. I started working for Pam and met her neighbors (because I am so social). I started working for Maurice, his neighbor Delton, then Lydia and also Barbara who is accross from Pam. Maurice's wife gave my name to Stephanie who is all the way over by the Getty Center, down below of this new person today. I did a lot of planting at Stephanie's plus working on her veggetable garden. Pam also gave my name to her client, Sara, who is out in La Canada Flintridge. A beautiful place but watch out for bears and mountain lions! That is 7 clients from one referral!
All told Sue has given me 12 clients, all without me having to pay for advertising. And the best part is all of them are very nice, interesting people and it has allowed me to work all over the city on some beautiful homes. Which in turn is allowing me to go to the department store and purchase a dress for Sue's wedding! Thank you Sue!

No comments:

Post a Comment