acacia

acacia

Monday, January 2, 2012

The New Year


 Welcome to the new year! I have set a few resolutions for this year, the main one is to create some balance. This past year was very stressful and incredibly hectic. Mostly I felt like I was trying to catch up rather than lead. This year I want to be more concious of giving myself enough time to finish projects, and no more oversheduling! I also have some new creative ideas I want to  investigate, taking my business from gardening to plant styling (perhaps not the correct word) over the next few years. And I want to have more fun and less stress.
Here are a few new year thoughts and images:




My sweet dog is now 12 1/2 and seems more emotionally delicate than she ever was. I think it is because she trips and her hearing is off so she is less sure of herself in the world. This new year sees me carefully caring for an aging dog. She is worth every minute but I miss our hikes in the woods! 
I was walking back to my car at the end of a work day in the Caheunga Pass. LA is so beautiful.

The Nancy Reagan rose. It is stunning although I find it odd that such a large and robust rose would be named after such a tiny and delicate woman. One of my clients bought this and I have to admit I am impressed. Smells nice too.


I have been doing more pots and really enjoying myself! I want to do more of this type of work this next year.
My best to all for this new year!
kate







No comments:

Post a Comment