acacia

acacia

Thursday, February 3, 2011

working

I have been taking it slow lately, doing some soul searching, or re-grouping. My Grandmother (called Grandy) passed away right before Christmas and I have been dealing with this great loss. I had no idea how much I relied on her love and guidance until it was gone. I sometimes look at the phone and wonder who would answer that number if I rang it. I still haven't removed it from my phone. No reason to really.
My work, or at least the business development aspect, has not really interested me these past two months but I am starting to look forward and outside my self and am ready to get back to business. Funny enough, Grandy was not only incredibly supportive and proud of what I am doing, but she herself has always been an advocate for professional women and for women being self defined and self sufficient. She was very smart, creative and independent and tried to instill those values and traits in me.
My stepmother, Debi, just successfully completed her doctoral degree. She told me on the way home from her defense that she looked up and in the sky was a rainbow, for just a minute, and she knew that Grandy was proud of her. The week before she died she spent over an hour with Debi discussing her thesis! We were very blessed to have her in our lives and I can continue on with her love in my heart and her wonderful example. She would want me to get back to work and be successful. That would be the best way to honor her life.
So here is to a new year and all of the wonderful possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment