acacia

acacia

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

coming up for air

It seems to me that it is very easy to get lost in the day to day business of running a business and running a life. What do I need to do now and how? Those are the two questions that are constantly coursing through my brain. Today, however, I came up for air and took a nice long look around me. The view is pretty good, I must say. I have been working and pushing my business from the absolute ground up for the last 3 1/2 years, trying to keep my cool when I didn't have enough work or not enough money for rent. Dealing with the loss of so much work when our country crashed, knowing that so many other people were in the same situation. I placed my energies into building up my client base. Even if the job was only $50, I took it knowing that the relationships that I build now will take me into the future. I knew, with absolute certainty, that my business was the right thing for me to do. That is what has kept me going up until now, when I have come up for air.
Today I started thinking about all of the wonderful clients that I have. How good it is to be able to make someone's home a beautiful place to be. I found myself visiting four of them today and looking at how they have grown and changed over the last few years. Some of them I care for intensively, others I come for special projects. It is truly wonderful to be a part of the living world at such an intimate level. Each plant has a story to tell, a history, and a cycle of change unique to itself. And each yard is a community that I have brought together, which I have the privilege to foster and nurture through the years. Garden design is not static but electric with life and I am so lucky to have this be my work. so incredibly blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment