acacia

acacia

Monday, July 12, 2010

a new project

Here it is a monday and finally we have some sunshine! It has been way too gloomy lately. I am meeting with Greg and Alexandra of ModOp Design to discuss what to do with this great house they just bought. It is a bit of a mess but a wonderful structure. They are full of ideas for the place but I am the designated landscaper.
Here is the challenge: We live in a desert and our water supply is 200 miles away (crazy, I know). Last year the city council imposed watering restrictions plus increased the cost of water. What to do with all of this outdoor space without just sodding the whole thing? It is a bummer because I really do love a good lawn but I think it is environmentally irresponsible to install one. What are the alternatives? Mulch, gravel or dg (decomposed granite).
Hmmmm I have quite a bit of thinking to do. More later

No comments:

Post a Comment